|Value for Money||8|
POCO, previously known as POCO by Xiaomi and Pocophone, finally unveiled its latest smartphone POCO M3 in India on November 24, 2020. This new phone is an upgraded version of POCO F1, which was released on 2018. This has some enhanced features and more space RAM and ROM. So what we will do here? Let’s find out!
1) Design & Build QualityPOCO has to be praised for its attention to detail and POCO M3 comes in 3 different colors that are black, yellow, and purple. The design is minimalistic with a high-quality finish that gives it a premium look and feels. You can even choose your own custom engraving for that extra touch of class. I’m not usually one for flashy things, but I have to admit I really enjoyed using POCO M3. It felt great in my hand and I love how durable it feels without feeling too bulky or heavy.
2) DisplayThe screen measures 6.53 inches and has a high-resolution ratio of 1080 x 2340 pixels. In terms of body size, it is bigger than some similar products on the market. It can play 1080p video at 30fpsper second. With a pixel density of about 395ppi, it also feels good to look at it with your naked eyes. The screen quality feels great overall, but you might feel that it’s too big for you sometimes.
3) PerformanceThe Snapdragon 662 chipset inside POCO M3 is a step down from its flagship peers, but we didn’t experience any performance problems in our time with it. We ran everyday apps and games without issue, and switching between multiple demanding apps was painless thanks to 6GB of RAM. There’s no microSD card slot for expandable storage—which may be an issue for some users—but you do get a healthy 512GB onboard. Also worth noting: The phone charges incredibly quickly when using VOOC Flash Charging, though it does take quite a while to charge fully when using your standard charger (4 hours for us).
4) Software and UIPOCO has promised MIUI 12 with a bunch of new features. The phone also gets a bunch of Google apps by default, including Duo, Gmail, Google Assistant, and Maps. On top of that, you get Poco Launcher and Poco Music for customizing your home screen and listening to music. As is becoming more common on Android phones from Chinese companies, there’s also a fair bit of bloatware pre-installed on the phone. While most is easily removable if you don’t want it on your device at all times, some—like Mi Drop and social networking apps—might be more difficult to remove if you do use them often.
5) CameraIt has a 48MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, 0.8μm large pixels, and dual-pixel phase detection autofocus that can capture beautiful photos in low-light situations. A front camera is an 8MP unit with an f/2.1 aperture for taking selfies in a snap. It also features a side-mounted fingerprint sensor along with face unlocks functionality, so you don’t have to worry about your privacy or security when you want to use your smartphone.
6) Battery LifeThe 6000mAh battery in POCO M3 is a huge improvement from its predecessor, which had a 3010mAh battery. Not only did it add almost 3000mAh more to last longer but there’s also some clever optimization that extends battery life even further. For example, when you’re on 4G and Wi-Fi, both data connections will be used at once. The screen resolution has been reduced (more on that later) and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 is used instead of sapphire to make sure there’s no loss in quality and durability of your display while offering an extra layer of protection.
Final VerdictAt this price (11,499 INR) it is one of the best phones you can get in India. The design of the phone is very good and comes in 3 different colors. The camera is overall good but the back camera is much better than the front. The LCD screen of the phone produces good colors but the sensitivity of the phone is less. It might take some time to charge the phone but once it is done it will last for 24 hours. The internal storage is 64GB and you can expand it up to 512GB. Overall the performance is superb at this price.
Poco M3 News
Brand new OnePlus Nord N300 5G with MediaTek Dimensity 810 and a 90Hz display. See details!
The brand-new OnePlus Nord N300 5G cheap smartphone has gone on sale in the USA. The gadget will feature 5G connection and has the latest MediaTek ...
- Good performance
- Good battery life
- Stereo speakers
- Average cameras
- Heavy phone
Specification: POCO M3
Be the first to review “POCO M3”
There are no reviews yet.